I just want to put everyone on high alert! Keep your children indoors next week! Do not let them do anything that could possibly cause a broken bone or even a fracture! Climbing, jumping, biking, whatever. There will NOT BE A SINGLE Orthopedic doctor available in the entire East Valley next week. I know because I have spent 7 hours with a phone glued to my ear, trying to schedule my son for an appointment - upon our PCP's recommendation after seeing the x-rays. SEVEN hours!! I don't want to bore you with the details, and believe me - there are plenty, but finally at the point of extreme frustration I finally ask this question to the lady answering phones at some random office, "How is it that every doctor known to man won't be in the office next week?" She says that there is an Orthopedic Convention going on next week. Ohhhhh! So even though every office I talked with says that "yes, your son's injury should definately be looked at but we just can't do it" means it literally just isn't going to happen. At hour 7 I call our PCP and he can't believe it either. He makes a personal phone call to a friend in Phoenix who agrees to see Davis Tuesday of next week. What?!?!? One phone call?!?!? I can't decide if I'm mad or grateful. Sigh. . . It takes too much energy to be mad and I'm exhausted!!
Friday, February 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh my goodness! What on earth happened?
Post a Comment