An interesting thing about Cooper - he is a very picky eater at dinner time. Breakfast and lunch he usually does great, but come dinner time he rarely likes to eat much of anything. Often we have to bribe the child with any number of tricks and it is comical watching him force himself to eat those few bites. He grabs his cup of water like it is his lifeline and gulps the lifesaving liquid like it is the only way he can actually swallow anything. BUT - my boy loves ham! Preparing Easter dinner was great because I knew he was really going to enjoy dinner. He was so happy when dinner was finally on the table. He was going to feast! And feast he did! I finally had to put a stop to his protein consumption - but was he ever happy. At dinner on Monday, he opted out of the fajitas I had prepared and asked for ham. Okay, I said sure! I knew he would eat well. This afternoon when I asked what kind of sandwich I could make him for lunch, he again requested ham. I told him to make another choice as we would be having "clean out the fridge/left over Easter dinner" for our meal tonight. I told him he would get tired of ham over and over again. He said, "Oh there's no way that could happen Mom." Now you have to get the drama right. He smiles out from under his ballcap and says "cuz I'm a haaaam maaaan!!" Needless to say he got ham for lunch. : )
Tuesday, March 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That is great. I love Coop.
He is so funny. Send him my way I have enough ham to last him a lifetime!
Post a Comment