Another school year!
I vow to enjoy this.
Next year means high school
and I feel quite faint when I
let my thoughts go there.
Davis is off to conquer 4th grade.
Both were excited and full of confidence
when they headed out the door.
A kiss for both and there they go.
Kindergarten for Cooper.
Is it possible that he is ready for this?
Or is it me - yeah, it's me.
I don't think I'm ready for this.
We walked hand in hand to school.
He was holding on pretty tight
but then again, that might have been me.
After waves and hugs of good bye
he got in line and listened very carefully to the
teacher's instructions. . .
which were to stand tall and straight like a pencil
and to put a bubble in your mouth and hold it there
while they walked to their classroom.
He walked away tall and straight as a pencil.
He glanced over his shoulder at me a few times
but then again, that could have been me.

5 comments:
Wow Andrea, how does it feel to have all three of your kids in school? I hope that Cooper loves Kindergarten and has a great year. I can't believe any of your kids are that old already.
Great write-up. What on earth could you possibly be doing with all of your spare time??
good ol' school!! Im still soaking up my last few days of freedom til school starts again here! I want Maddie's outfit! How exciting!
How fun everyone is all ready for school! Those were the good old days! they all look so cute! Good luck with the new school year!
I have never said this, until now- I love school! Eighth grade is SO fun!! :)
Post a Comment