Monday, October 27, 2008

I went. . .

If you want to learn about this inspiring story, you can find a wonderful article here.

I'll apologize now for my pictures. My digital is just a simple throw in your purse, point and shoot kinda thing but I wanted to share these anyway.

I even had a front row seat just off center. I sat five chairs away from the family. My favorite part of the evening was watching them thoroughly enjoy the festivities.

I thought this concert might be quite sad and that tears would spill over.

And over.

And over.

But that was not the case. This evening was nothing short of a

JOYOUS CELEBRATION!



This was our host for the night.

Chup.

Which rhymes with 'hoop'
and not 'pup' like I thought.

He was funny and engaging.



Mindy Gledhill is a beautiful artist.
Her voice is easy and smooth.




She is an LDS artist and I assumed that would be evident in her music and lyrics. You know,
the sterotypical 'mormon rock' sound that sometimes is a bit too much. At least for me, hearing words sung of my Savior mixed with drums and heavy guitar riffs is really not my thing.

But I was surprised and listening was a pleasure.

Just beautiful music filled with fun, love, hope and happiness.


At one point she had the audience on their feet.
Clapping and dancing and singing at the top of their voices.
The family was so much fun to watch!





This is Courtney, better known to us out in blogland as
'c jane' and her little one, The Chief. A sister to the left
and Reachel Bagley, a dear friend, to her right. Claire and
Jane, Stephanie and Christian's oldest children, sat
with them the entire evening as well.
**thanks for the clarification Emily!

7 comments:

Heather | Cookie Mondays said...

Thank you so much for posting this. I have been dying to hear about the weekend's events! Looks like a wonderful time!

Mindi said...

Thank you for posting, I have been stalking C Jane's blog for an update... Just about all I can think about is how the concert went.

Your blog page is beautiful by the way!!

Thanks again!

Emily said...

This was fun to read. It was a fun show, wasn't it? To clarify, the girl on the right in the bottom photo is Reachel Bagley, Stephanie and Christian's friend and the godmother to the kids.

Andrea said...

Thanks Emily for the correction! I appreciate your clarification and will make the change on my blog page.

Collette said...

What a great thing! I'm so glad you got to go.

Rachel said...

I'm going to try to get over the fact that you didn't call me.

Rachel said...

oops got your message a day or two late. Now I'm just sad I missed it. glad you had fun.