Thursday, January 1, 2009

Wishes













A birthday wish for mom - made with love from my Easy Bake Oven!
















Jan. 1, 1998 - Maddie is 2 1/2


















August 1999 - Davis is 8 months





July 2003 - Cooper is 5 months
Today my mom turns 72.
I love these pictures.
Moments with my children in her arms.
She was so good at being a Grandma.
I have thought about her all day and what birthday wishes I would send her way.

Wishes. . .
Upon a star.
Upon a four leaf clover.
Upon a dandelion.
Upon a birthday cake.
Wishes take us to many places.
but for this birthday, my wish for you is that
for every star you've ever gazed upon,
Heaven whispers peace to your heart.
for every lucky clover you have clutched,
Heaven showers you with cool shade and rainbows.
for every fluffy dandelion you've blown into the wind,
Heaven sends the soothing scent of lilacs in the breeze.
and for every candle you've seen glimmer,
Heaven fills your soul with light.

She was so good at being a mother.
Happy Birthday Mom.
I love you 17.

7 comments:

Collette said...

Okay, so the new year starts with a tear. What a sweet sweet tribute.

Rhonda said...

What a sweet post. You are so good with words.

Kami said...

That was so sweet, those are special pictures too. I will always treasure the memories we have with grandma. She really was the BEST at being a grandma. I love you!

Becky said...

I love all of those pictures! She is my example of everything a grandma should be. And the little easy bake oven cake is just precious. I can definitely say you are your mother's daughter...I see so much of her in you!

Melanie said...

I cried when I read your post. She touched so many lives in so many ways.

She is a part of many of our family traditions because my best recipes came from your mom!

Thanks for sharing the pictures and the beautiful expressions of love.

Kelly & Jamie said...

You sure know how to bring on the tears. That was such a sweet post and those pictures are so priceless.

Jo-Anne said...

What a sweet and tender post, Andrea. The pictures are wonderful and your words are so touching.