Monday, April 27, 2009

waiting...

My friend emailed me this morning. I loved what she shared.

Andrea,

As I was walking out of church yesterday, I walked by a certain family of handsome men and one beautiful daughter. The handsome men were sitting on the planter, enjoying the sun, saying hello to passer-bys, conversing with one another. The beautiful daughter was standing impatient, watching her brothers and Dad, and as I walked by, I heard this, "Why does it always take Mom so long? I swear, she talks to EVERYBODY she sees!"

It immediately took me back to my teen years, remembering the Sundays we waited for my Mom to make her way out of the building. And then to my daughters, waiting impatiently on me as I said my goodbyes every Sunday.
This whole episode made me think of two things:
1. The more things change, the more they stay the same.
2. And I am very grateful for friends to say goodbye to while my family waits.
Have a great week!
Vickie
I'm smiling today and thinking of wonderful friends and a super wonderful daughter! The circle of life goes on.
And soon I will stand in my friend's shoes.
And Maddison will stand in mine.
And she'll have a daughter tapping an impatient toe.
Waiting for her.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

My kids have taken to coming and collecting all things out of my arms and dragging me kicking and screaming out of the building. It's not pretty!