I'm a fan of this stuff. A big fan.
It's on my list of wonderful things in my life.
It's in one of my FAVORITE sandwiches that my friend Collette feeds me.
As a matter of fact, she feeds me often.
Incredible stuff like Milky Way Cake. Killer!!
Ice Cream Cake Roll with homemade Hot Fudge Sauce. My Oh My!!
And for my 40th she made THEE most incredible, from scratch, 20 layer (i think it was 20. it could have been 23) chocolate cake.
Yeah...turning 40 was a very happy day for me.
Okay wait...where was I??
Oh yeah. Pesto. And the great sandwich.
It has something to do with turkey, provolone and a crunchy ciabatta roll, smeared with the green goodness and toasted until the cheese is bubbling...I really don't know the details 'cuz I don't make it at my house. It's a tummy filling, heart warming, pesto lovin' treat at Collette's. I love her!
And then I discovered the Pesto Pizza at Pita Jungle. SO SO GOOD!
And just when I think pesto can't get any better...Vickie shares a pasta dish made with this glorious stuff.
When it comes to sharing happy things, Vickie is a pro. When you are around her, you feel happy. She makes you smile. She drops lovely things off on your doorstep. She says things to you to make you feel so good about yourself. She asks questions about you. She listens and looks you in the eyes. She is honest and inspiring. She is a cancer survivor. And it is never about her. It is always about you!
Here is her DARN DELICIOUS recipe:
Pesto Ranch Pasta Salad
from Vickie (my two cents in pink)
1 envelope Hidden Valley Ranch Buttermilk dressing, prepared as directed.
1 container Pesto - (I used the Buitoni brand from Basha's) and I used about a 6 oz. size from Wal*Mart
*Mix those together and let sit in frig. I whisked with a whisk, of course.
Combine the following:
1 pkg spinach leaves Vickie and I discussed how leaving them out and just adding on your own to your own serving might be a good option to keep the spinach from going wilty. You decide.
1 tub grape tomatoes, halved
1 pkg penne pasta, cooked, drained, and cooled
1 pkg toasted pine nuts - cooled (I toast them in a pan over med-hi heat, stirring constantly until they just start to turn golden brown.)
Right before serving, pour on the dressing in increments, until you get the right amount.
Sprinkle the salad with Feta cheese crumbles. Good ahead and overdo this part!
You can add chicken to this for a main course. Grilled or a shredded rotisserie. Yum!
Thanks Vickie. I love her too!
I had some of the dressing leftover. It has been a very happy thing in my life. I have used it for the following:
a fabulous dressing for a dinner salad
a yummy dip for french frys (I didn't want to do it but I did!)
a creamy topping for a baked potato
a drink when I'm thirsty (okay, okay. I'm kidding but really I COULD drink the stuff!)
**post edit--after reading through this entry, it's no wonder I'm constantly working on loosing weight. I think I need new friends! (wink ~ wink)
***post post edit--i could write a whole other entry about the word loose and lose. the english language is difficult and i have no idea if i used the word correctly in the above sentence.
Tuesday, November 3, 2009
Pesto magic
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I am so hungry now and it is really too late to make anything yummy!
sounds so delish! lets go to lunch at the jungle...such a fan! vickie too, wow she is that amazing! how lucky are we!?
Loves!
I am going to give your/Vickie pasta salad a try - sounds good. Totally missed Halloween and all the parties in AZ.
Thanks to Vickie for the fabulous recipe and to YOU for dropping this lovely treat on MY doorstep!! I'm still craving it.
Post a Comment