I spent a day with my adorable boy.
At nine years old he may cringe at the words "adorable boy" but secretly I know every child loves affirmation.
I was able to chaperone a recent 3rd grade field trip to the Riparian Preserve. We walked from the school all the way to the park. In the cool of the morning it was a pleasant walk, although not a short distance, and I smiled as Cooper and his friends laughed and threw rocks and tried real hard to be cool.
And as the day grew warmer, they enjoyed the stream and facts about the Riparian preserving the precious water of our desert.
The walk home wasn't filled with nearly as much laughter.
They were hot and wanted my one bottle of water.
I showed my preserving skills as I rationed one 16 oz. (not entirely full) bottle of water between 5 hot, tired and thirsty boys.
My days of joining my children for elementary field trips are getting fewer and fewer.
I say that with a heartfelt sigh...
Sigh of relief as I realize my 45 year old body doesn't bounce back like it used to.
(I'm not going to mention here about what shape I'm in)
But mostly a sigh of many happy memories...
Dinosaur museums, rock museums, art museums, plays, parks, zoo trips, Stuffington Bear factory, science centers and the such.
Sometimes being the mom is hard on the heart.
Sigh...
1 comment:
I love that first pic of your handsome boy! Ms R said you walked 8.5 miles throughout the day!! I'm sure you were beat!!
Post a Comment