Tuesday, April 15, 2008

DANG! It hurts!

I took a bad fall yesterday afternoon. How it happened is quite a story but I won't go into it here. Let's just say it involved the swimming pool, a dead bird, a bag of garbage, a skimmer cover and a metal object. Now I have a partially lifted toenail on my right foot (it really made a mess of my pedicure that I was still enjoying) and a hole in my left shin. The hole has me a bit concerned but everything I've read says it should heal well. The metal object entered the flesh across my shin and almost exited (is that a word??) out the other side horizontally. I wanted to post a picture because it is rather interesting to look at but I can't get a very good shot of it. Anyway, my whole point to posting this is to say that my rescuer and knight in shining armor was my sweet son Davis. It doesn't surprise me. As I hobbled into the house (Cooper remained swimming in the pool ignoring me. I am sure I frightened him with my crys of pain) Davis just took control. "Sit here Mom. Put your leg up." He brought me a wet cloth, cotton balls, Hydrogen Peroxide, bandaids and then proceeded to bring me an ice filled glass of water to drink and softly patted and rubbed my back while I cleaned up the wound. Once we saw the hole, he avoided looking at it straight on for the rest of the night - bless his heart! He stayed beside me until Brent got home shortly thereafter. I want to be more like Davis. Thanks D-man! You were awesome!!

7 comments:

Rachel said...

You poor thing. I'm not even going to comment about your age having anything to do with your fall. Davis is a sweetheart isn't he?

Andrea said...

my age?? did you say my age?? well okay. I doubt it had anything to do with my fall it but it will seriously effect my recovery!! : )

Mendy said...

Ouch!! I don't know what's worst, the hole in your foot or the fact that your pedicure got messed up! Your lucky to have an observent, kind hearted son that knows when others need help. Thats a quality that we should all long for!

Collette said...

Yeah! No gym for a while!! Keep nursing that wound!

Kami said...

Ouch! That sounds painful! Thank goodness you have a sweet little boy to take such good care of you!

Jo-Anne said...

Oh Andrea....how painful!! I hope you are able to quickly recover.

I am glad to have come upon your blog. Hope you can check mine out... I am still new to the whole blooging experience but I think I can get used to it! :):):)
Talk to you soon,
Jo-Anne Carter

Jo-Anne said...

oops....I mean blogging.